As America continues to beat its war drums against Iran few American’s have considered what might actually happen if the US does indeed carry out its threats.
An attack would be done from a cowardly safe distance with missles and bombs. It will destroy some but not all of Iran’s military and will certainly kill large numbers of civilians. Iran will retaliate and so will muslims around the world. An attack on Iran could be the beginning of the end of the United States as we once knew it. All people should seriously consider the following:
1. Iran is not a small country run by an unpopular dictator. Most of Iran’s government is democratically elected and supported by most of its 70 million people. Iran is a relatively peaceful country with good relations with many other countries. An attack on Iran will not be tolerated by its neighbors, by Iranians or by the world’s 1.1 billion muslims.
2. Iran is well armed with weapons from China, North Korea, Russia and weapons it makes itself. Even Israel happily sold weapons to Iran in the 80’s when Iran was defending itself against a US sponsored war from Iraq. Iran could also have small nuclear weapons purchased on the international black market. Iran would resist an attack and retaliate in ways smaller or weaker countries couldn’t.
3. Some claim that Iran also has electro-magnetic-pulse (EMP) weapons. An EMP weapon could be brought near the US coast by ship and then detonated over the US and effectively bring the US to a screeching grinding halt as the memories of all computers are erased. Computers now run cars, trucks, trains, planes, airports, water-treatment plants, banks, virtually all stores and of course the phone system and all business and home computers. An EMP weapon would also cause electrical transformers to explode and render the US without power. It would take years to replace the transformers.
An effective EMP retaliation would put the US back into the horse and buggy era for years. The problem is that there are not enough horses or buggies to go around. There would be no electricy, no water, no food, no transportation and no way that most Americans could survive without a massive relief effort. We all know how well the US govt. responded to the victims of Hurricane Katrina – multiply that hell by infinity and you get a picture of what would happen from an EMP bomb. However, the chances of Iran actually having an EMP weapon is remote, but Russia has had them since the 60’s and if the US continues to pose a threat to Russia it could provide Iran with the weapons.
4. Venezuela has a defense pact with Iran and Venezuela’s president has promised unconditional support for Iran and to stop all oil shipments to the US if Iran is attacked. Venezuela could contribute troops for a direct attack on the US along its vast unprotected border or from people already within the US. Latin America has long suffered under US supported dictators, death squads and corporate criminals. A massive army of pissed-off latinos could be raised quickly and the payback would be a bitch.
5. Muslims have drawn the line in the sand at Iran and if Bush attacks Iran it is likely that a fatwah will be issued against the US and any country that helps it. Muslims around the world would be obligated to target the US and its interests. America cannot defeat a billion muslims, no matter how poorly armed they are.
6. There are millions of muslims living in the US. While most of them wouldn’t retaliate there would certainly be some that would. America cannot defend itself against retaliations within its own borders. Well planned operations could shut down large parts of the power and telecommunications grid and stop the US economy.
7. The US is effectively bankrupt. The US govt. has trillions of dollars in debt that it cannot pay and is borrowing money to merely pay the interest. If the US attacks Iran, other countries will stop lending it money and the dollar will collapse in value and there will be runaway inflation. The dollar is already teetering on the edge of a substantial devaluation. Since Americans tend to live from pay-check to pay-check few could withstand even a moderate level of inflation without losing their homes and cars.
8. Iran and its supporters could effectively stop oil from leaving the Persian Gulf by sinking tankers in the Straits of Hormuz and enroute to the US. Combined with the loss of oil from Venezuela, the US would find itself without enough oil. Fuel prices would sky-rocket and the economy would come to a standstill.
9. America has become the bully of the world and the most hated country on Earth. If it attacks Iran it loses all credibility and sympathy and will stand alone with a few other corrupt nations. The US can’t take on the world. Its military can’t fight in the mid-east and protect its own soil at the same time. America would lose.
An attack on Iran is an attack on America and that is exactly what the ruling elite have in mind. America’s real enemies are the ruling billionaires who have no loyalty to any country. They want only more power. They were able to murder JFK without getting caught, they were able to bomb the Oklahoma City Federal Building without being found out and they pulled off the attack on the World Trade Center. They have control of the mass media in the US, the military and many large corporations. They want to rule the world and the way to consolidate their power is to start WW 3.
At the same time one should consider that perhaps the threats against Iran are for no purpose other than to keep the price of oil jacked up and make more billions for oil companies and their investors. The cozy relationship between the Bush family and wealthy Iranians suggest that this could be the case.
For more information:
Report of the Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack
Rep. Roscoe Bartlett on EMP Weapons
The Electromagnetic Bomb – a Weapon of Electrical Mass Destruction
Back to TruthForAChange.info